Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Toy!!!!


Happy Birthday to me!! As a b-day present to myself, I finally upgraded my 4 year-old point and shoot digital camera to a more grown-up version... and here it is! After about a year of shopping around, playing around, dancing around (the idea, that is, that I was worth spending the money on) and weighing a lot of digital SLRs (literally and comparatively), I concluded that the Pentax K10D was the best fit for me. I won't bore you with all the techy specs, but you can ooh and ahh at the picture if you like;)
I actually had a fairly pleasant buying experience as well. I purchased the pretty little thing through www.digicombos.com, a website recommended to me by my D.C. Diva, Michele. While I was a bit skeptical about buying from a "bundle" company, they worked with me to get what I wanted, for a great price, and would you believe that they shipped it to me (from NY) overnight... for FREE!!!!
Of course I have had no chance to play around with it yet, but the main reason I chose the Pentax over the other popular brands (besides that my buddy David O. has one and LOVES it) is the ergonomics... Being a photographer... and artist... and uh, right-handed... it is very challenging when you don't have any sensation or muscle strength in the hand that is generally used to.. well, take a photograph (let's face it, it's a right-handed world!!). Therefore, I chose the camera that had the most comfortable body shape and weight for my crippled hand... it's a handicap, yes, but I won't allow that to keep me from exploring my passions. So thank you, Pentax for making a camera that "fits" me:)
So, hopefully soon, I will be able to figure out how to use this thing and I will post images from time to time... stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

sweet!

Michele said...

Welcome!

David said...

Yey! Glad you got the Pentax. It's what the cool people use. And glad you're blogging!