Thursday, April 24, 2008

how's it going? not good...

So I am just under 1 month into my teaching experience and I am contemplating ending it there... (the experience, that is... nothing any more dramatic than that). Even with the advice of my peer teachers, things have not improved in the classroom. The overwhelming attitude of 38 8th graders still rears its ugly head... in fact most days, I am waiting for the bell to ring as much as they are... and the faster I can get to my car and cry, the better.
But some exciting things have happened since my start... let's see... I broke up a fight, was warned that a separate fight might occur, handed out endless detentions, dodged objects in flight (including a stool), nearly lost my voice from having to constantly talk over them. Funny part is, I can't really recall many instances when I have done any teaching. I am simply babysitting... and not a very good job at that (as seen in examples above).
So I ask myself, "Is it worth continuing?"

Answer: TBA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds serious. Are you talking "this is it" for the current gig, or are you talking about a career change?