Thursday, July 31, 2008

It wasn't me! I didn't do it!

For those of you who might recognize this scene, I think I'd rather hear your story.
Okay, so now that I've got your attention... yes, that is me... and yes, I am sitting in an interrogation room. Ah yes, Room 2... such memories... good times... 
Alright, alright, I'm sure I didn't fool any of you... if you know me at all, you're waiting for the catch because the good, law-abiding citizen I am would never land me in such a predicament. And you would be right. 
This past weekend, a friend from work took me on a "tour" of a local Police Department and all it's wonder, including the frightening interrogation room, a place I would imagine nobody EVER wants to visit. However, its implication of wrong-doing intrigued me. I'm not sure if it was my fascination in the upside down justice system or my obsession with criminal shows like The First 48... but either way, I needed to see and feel what it was like inside that little room. Hoping that my claustrophobia would not kick in, I was locked in Interrogation Room 2, being viewed and heard by my friend and her brother (who got me the privileges to take the RPD tour). And here were some of my surprises:
1. it wasn't as cold as I would have expected
2. the camera was way too easy to find
And all in all, I thought that sitting in the chair of criminals would freak me out, panic me. Although, I did not do anything wrong... do you think had anything to do with my calmness?
Anyway, we were able to get a recorded video of us in the interrogation room (which is kind of boring since you know we are innocent). The tour of RPD ended when we arrived at what I call the cherry on top.... a local firehouse... need I say more?