Friday, July 9, 2010

Although a little pissed off, I am still alive

Hey hey! Remember me? I am in fact still around, but barely checking this blog anymore, mostly because I keep up with folks and the oh-so-exciting life I lead on, dare I say it.... Facebook. I know, I know silly as it sounds, I'm there, that's where you can find me... and where I can find most of you. But the other day, I was looking at one of my friend's who is very disciplined in his bloggings (you know who you are). And I honestly wondered "does my blog page still exist after more than a year of non-use?" What do ya know, still here, patiently waiting for my attention... so I'll try to get back to keeping it company... for some things.
When I went back to look who is as bad as me and who was blogging away, I realized, more than ever before, that this "blog" thing is like a diary... and it was something that offended and upset me a little. I was reading personal stuff about my small group of blogmates (some really close friends)... stuff that I feel I should have already known about before... oh I don't know.... all of cyberspace! I felt as though I was being kept from some secrets just because I didn't check my blog. What's wrong with this?
I'll tell you what's wrong with this... everyone cares more about how much easier it is to say "check my blog" or "did you see my tweet" or "liking" another person's Facebook status than engaging in actual personal relationships and the joys of sharing experiences - good and bad.
I was recently talking with a close friend about how sometimes we need to take a few steps back and look at our friendships to analyze whether or not they are... how do I say this... as important in our lives as they maybe used to be.
Ironic...
And although I am genuinely hurt by at least one of my fellow blogmates, I can get passed it and have forgiven this person for their neglect.
But tissue box in hand, I also have begun to analyze this "friendship"...

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am with you! I hate finding out big news about my friends through their blog or on facebook! I'd rather hear it directly from them!

I think I am over facebook. :)