Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ahhh, Springtime


So last year, D and I decided to try our hands (or thumbs, rather) at a vegetable garden. Starting out small and inexpensive (to minimize the feeling of defeat if we failed miserably), we planted 2 kinds of tomatoes and zucchini. Well, the zucchini did not take at all and died almost immediately (I still say that we got a bunk plant). But the tomatoes! They were strong, hearty and plentiful! Yum! 
So, this year, in addition to planting more veggies, I decided to see how my thumb is in the floral department. We have this perfect little flower bed in our backyard, just begging for filling. So, at my first ever attempt at planting flowers, here she is! We'll see what happens (and if we can keep Asa Malla and her BFF Nacho out of it!)...

3 comments:

Charmaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charmaine said...

Looks good! Love the watering can. :)

No guarantee you'll keep Nacho out of there. That's her secret hiding spot from Asa!

Michele said...

Aww so cute! I can't wait for it to warm up enough to work on my garden. I consider last year an experiment. I found out that certain things do NOT grow well here. I won't be planting them again this year.